Thursday, June 19, 2008

PICTURES

I am going to post a few pictures because I finally figured out how and I don't know when I'll get another opportunity.



Street traffic in India. Crossing the road is a full-contact sport and not for the faint of heart.







The yellow car is an auto-rickshaw. Still, my favorite mode of transportation. Each driver owns his own car so many of them are pimped out with Hindu god stikcers and painted in many colors. I've even been in one with incence and music.





my room at the hostel...very dorm-like. I share with Deepa and Lila and in our spare time, we enjoy keeping our room bug free.




.

This is (the back of) a woman that lives near our hostel, and was talking to us in Tamil. Her family has a small house and was telling us about her husband who taught at the nearby school, but most of the conversation was in Tamil so we only know that through pantomiming. Oh, and her grandsons are adorable. Neely and Neicea bought them a soccer ball and were playing in the field behind their house.




Mani, Lakshima, Briana, myself. Despite how they look, our counterparts are actually very fascinating and thrilled to be working with us. Mani is 21 and her lives here in town and was a translator for IAPA last summer. I have a feeling he knows the biology/ immunology material better than we all do. And Lakshima is 20 and working on her undergraduate degree but lives 3 hours outside Chennai yet commutes by bus then train everyday, just to come teach with us. And we all really love mango smoothies. More later!
-S

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the picture where my underclothes are on display! Let's liste to "Glam Jams" today!!